i've been served!

this awesomeness is by [rin] , Sunday, May 2, 2010 1:03 PM

With a notice.

 No lah, not police saman me 'coz I didn't wear helmet or was speeding (Although that has happened before... X___x).

But it's an official letter from BB, telling me that I had ‘unsatisfactory attendance/participation’ and was ‘absent from Enrolment Service 2010’.
Thus giving me the choice to either 'remain in the NCO Council and promise to adhere to the expectations/fulfill the responsibilities of an NCO’ or 'relinquish my position as a Council member and remain an ordinary member of BB'.


Those words, almost exactly.

When I got it, I was like "WTH!" in my mind.
It has never occurred to me that I would one day receive this sort of letter from this organization that I have poured my heart and soul into.
As far as I remember, my attendance has been excellent for the 5 years I've been with the Company, with exception of a few 'absences because of unavoidable circumstances'.
And even then, I've always handed in explanation letters and supporting documents to prove my case.

Needless to say, I am now an accomplished letter-writer.
Very convincing.
Very bombastic.
Trust me on this.
=D

Anyway, if you need tips on how to write prettily-worded official letters, you now know who to find lah, kan?

Anyways.
Back to my case.
Okay, I know that I've been unable to attend quite a few meetings lately, 'coz I've been mad busy with the debate competition and I've also been spending weekends checking out potential colleges.
I guess I've missed 'bout 4-5 weekly BB meetings.

Still, I've done all my jobs, completed all my responsibilities and have even tried to be as fully involved in every project/activity as possible, even though I couldn't make it to the actual event!

I taught Target class, as was required by all Senior NCOs.
I prepared all the stuff they needed for the recruitment of new members.
I even did a full multimedia project for the Enrolment Service that I supposedly 'absent' from.

Full multimedia project, okay?
Slides, backdrop, worship lists, even the presentations!
I spent loads of time working on those items before I went for my debate competition, to the extent that I was losing sleep and practice time just to complete the things I promised to do.

Not to brag or anything, and I don't even expect anything in return, but not even a word of thanks for the 'service' I've done all along.

Nope, not a single acknowledgement.
Oh, I serve for 5 years with commitment and nothing happens.
I skip a couple of meetings and *POOF* I get served with a notice.
Brilliant, just brilliant, that.

Yeah, I get it, I'm there to work for God, everything goes back to Him.
I get it.
I know it.
And yes, I thank Him that I'm able to join BB, because it's made me the person I am today.

A person of integrity and confidence.
Sometimes, I look back and I can really see how much I've grown.
I seriously used to be someone who lacked confidence.
I used to walk around with my eyes on the ground and head tilted downwards.
I didn't use to be able to get up in front of a huge group of people to talk.
I used to be insecure and unsure of myself.

And I still am, sometimes.
But so much has changed in me.
Now, I am a school debater and I have a group of wonderful friends.
The blazing anger of my prepubescent self has more or less melted away, to be replaced by something else - something much more promising.
All this, thanks to BB.

I joined it in Form 1.
Now I'm in my final year of Secondary School.
I'm still here.
A much different girl from the little weakling who was pushed to join BB so many years ago by overenthusiastic friends who eventually dropped out.

I am proud of my achievements to date.
Who wouldn't be?
I've been through a lot and experienced so much of adolescent life.
There's more things that I remember fondly of than memories of regret in my past.
I am proud of who I am now.
But is it too much to ask that someone else be proud of me, too?

I suppose I sound cocky.
But, hey, this is the girl who lived with years of insecurity haunting her.
I think I've come far lor.

I thank The Lord, I really do, for giving me these opportunities.
But some things I just can't help being bitter at.

*Sigh*

Anyway, I've already replied the notice letter.
Obviously, I've chosen to stay on.
Can't expect anything else from me, right?

And I've tried my best to give my all for the Company.
I really have.
Things have changed, though.
Nothing is that straightforward anymore.

1 Response to "i've been served!"

Kelvin Says:

I know tat feeling...and we won't feel the same for the organization anymore...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails